Sunday, November 29, 2015

Finishing up the Semester

I cannot believe that I am planning for the final three weeks of the first semester at Oasis Academy College Prep High School! This time has seriously gone by in a blink. Time is relative though (always have to throw in those physics concepts), so I am hoping it has flown by as fast for my students, too! 

I am wearing more hats these days and wanted to let you all know to please be extra patient with me in updating grades and posting blogs. The best way to reach me is by email if you have any questions and I promise to respond ASAP. With these extra hats, if students need to schedule tutoring with me, I am only available Thursdays from 2:30-4:00. I can also meet after school on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays by appointment.

Wrapping up the semester, Biology students just finished learning about mitosis and meiosis and will be transitioning into Mendelian Genetics using Harry Potter! The second week of December, they will learn how genes make proteins covering the processes of transcription and translation (for a quick review remember DNA-->RNA-->protein). It really is not that simple as in my example, but that's ok... 

Physics students will begin working on the log awaited bridge project! They will have two weeks to design and build their bridges, although they have to wait until the last day of the semester to try and test them! Typical of my classroom (we are always juggling many things), the bridge building will be entertained with a review of forces of course. 

No comments:

Post a Comment