Monday, August 22, 2016

We especially need imagination in science. It is not all mathematics, nor all logic, but it is somewhat beauty and poetry. Maria Mitchell

Welcome to Week 2 of OACP High School Science! It was wonderful to meet so many parents last Thursday at Back to School Night. To those who met me, I do talk that fast all the time because I am really, really excited about what I teach, but I do slow down to answer questions. I wanted to share a few links that we discussed from Thursday evening in case you missed them:

Our textbook can be found at my.hrw.com The students have one streamlined password for both History and Science. Please parents, do not hesitate to email me if you would like your child's login information.

There is a way for parents to follow their child's progress in Google Classroom. Please email me if you would like me to add your email to your child's information. You will not be able to post or respond, but you can follow what we are discussing and your son or daughter's participation.

Newsela was the website that we discussed as far as weekly reading. The sophomores worked today in creating a rubric to help guide their participation and self-assessment in reading discussions.

The Next Generation Science Standards can be found at http://www.nextgenscience.org/

Last, I know it is often difficult to keep up with emails, so I started a Remind classroom for Physics and Biology. I will be posting assignment reminders here. This is a wonderful app available for both iPhones and Droids that will send you a "text" with the information. Student Council already has one started!

You can click on the follow link to join Remind:

For Biology

https://www.remind.com/join/oasisbio

For Physics

https://www.remind.com/join/oaphysics

No comments:

Post a Comment