Wednesday, December 21, 2016

As the semester comes to an end...

*This post is taken from an email I wrote to all parents grades 9 and 10 that was sent this evening. I thought it would also be worth posting on my blog. I wish all of you the best time off to enjoy your families! It takes a village, right? 

Hello Parents,

As we wrap up the end of the fall semester, many of you may be noticing scores may be changing daily as I enter all final grades and assignments. Many of my "final exam" grades have been entered, but this does not mean that will be their final grade for this assessment. I am constantly analyzing and reviewing assignments to make sure the student scores as a whole are reflective of learning or if a concept needs to be revisited.

Final grades are not due until our return from winter break, so no need to press that panic button. Just a reminder, our semester grading is as follows: Q1 and Q2 are each worth 40% of the semester grade with the final exam being worth 20%. This is the first time many of our freshmen have even taken a final. The college prep curriculum finals for their freshmen year may look very different than the middle school assessment process. 

If your child sees grades they have questions about, I encourage you to have your child come talk to me directly or have them email me with those specific questions so I can ensure consistent learning and evaluation throughout the class. 

Just a reminder, we will start back on January 9th full force! I encourage all students arrive ready to begin full steam ahead. I am recommending students bring in a new composition notebook and a folder for all handouts, as well as a good scientific calculator to start off the spring semester. 

Thank you so much and happy holidays!

Mrs. Mortensen 

No comments:

Post a Comment